About TRU LUV
- TRU LUV (yes, we spell it in all caps!) makes digital rituals and emotionally conscious AI companions.
Find out more about our emanant organization (EO).
- TRU LUV was founded by emotion AI expert Brie Code who has 20 years of experience in the interactive space (Child of Light, Assassin’s Creed).
- We are headquartered in Toronto, Canada with ecosystem partners around the globe. We are advised by game design expert Jane McGonigal and humanistic AI expert and Siri co-creator Tom Gruber.
Find out more about our team.
- We center marginalized creators whose voices have been drastically underrepresented in the tech industry.
Explore employment opportunities.
- TRU LUV’s first experimental app #SelfCare has no score or winning and offers soothing rituals such as laundry, tarot cards and a familiar cat.
- #SelfCare has been featured in outlets including the Guardian, BBC, WIRED, Globe & Mail and Bustle. It surpassed 2M downloads in late 2019 with no advertising and was an Apple Best of 2018 Trend of the Year selection.
- In #SelfCare, we’ve proven our completely new interaction model of deepening care and compassion as a beautiful alternative to the gamification model of rising challenge, fear, shock or FOMO. Our model has implications for our relationships with our phones, our communities and each other.
Find out more about our model.
- TRU LUV became the first Canadian team invited to Apple Entrepreneur Camp in early 2020.
- The global health and wellness industry is currently valued at $4.2 trillion.1 The US meditation industry is set to be worth over $2 billion by 2022.2
- Our mission-aligned investors include conscious and impact investors Real Ventures, Evolve Ventures and Bridge Builders Collaborative, and interactive media specialists Aldeon and Everblue Management.
Find out more about our ecosystem partners.
TRU LUV Headlines
Mobile developer Tru Luv enlists investors to help build a more inclusive alternative to gaming
TechCrunch ~ Jun 29, 2020
How Canadian Programmer Brie Code is Changing the Way We Interact With Our Phones
Fashion magazine ~ Jul 21, 2020
'I don't like the stress of dying': The game for people who don't want to fight
Guardian ~ Jun 28, 2018
Smartphone owner, heal thyself: Download these for relaxation, meditation and better sleep
USA Today ~ Jul 19, 2020